A basin of strong community bonds


Funny really, after such a short visit, but I was sad to leave Burnley earlier this week, even though I will be back in a few days time. The landscape of Suffolk was brought into sharp relief after living amongst the hills of Lancashire. Burnley is in a basin, surrounded, by hills including the famous Pendle Hill - but then all you 'Burnleyites' will know that. It seems to me, that the geography there connects with the nature of the people, theirs is an openness that can only come from a security borne through being held together in a basin of a strong community bonds.

On another note, I am looking forward to seeing a copy of The Clarion, published by Burnley school children and containing their hopes for the future. I think it might throw some light on the wonderful nature of the people. Thanks to Chris Keene for alerting me to it.

I'll be back early next week. if any one would like to meet up for a chat, please let me know!

Caroline